Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

Thanks again to Roots and Rings! Here is this week's Ten on Tuesday!

1. What is a food that you never thought you would try, but then tried and liked?
Calamari. When I found out it was squid, I was so disgusted and could only think about dissecting a squid when I was in Junior School. But I. Love. Calamari. Everytime David and I ever go anywhere that offers Calamari, we order it. I like that about my relationship with my husband. We both like squid.. no wonder we work out so well.

2. Do you subscribe to any foodie publications? If so, which ones?
Nope. But my mom did sign me up for Woman's Day Magazine. And I love that magazine. It has some really great recipes. If you remember, I made a watermelon cake last year. And it was awesome... also my Birthday Twin sister (Margaux) bought me a Food Network recipe calender. It's awesome and has shown us some yummy recipes!

3. What ingredient do you find yourself reaching for the most when you cook?
Olive Oil and Garlic. My husband loves garlic.

4. Are there any foods that you hated as a child, but then learned to like as an adult?
Well I didn't venture out in a lot of foods as a child. I didn't have Apple Pie until I was19. I didn't have a bagel until I was 22. And I went through this phase for over 10 years where I hated, I mean hated syrup on pancakes. I'm getting past it, but it was a very traumatic time.

5. What do you like to eat that others may consider weird?
Tuna Popcorn Balls. You make tuna. Then Popcorn. grab a handful of popcorn, put a spoonful of tuna in it. Then cover it with more popcorn. David shakes his head when he sees me eat it. As well at a meatball sandwich with lettuce and ranch.

6. What is the weirdest ingredient you’ve ever cooked with?
Mustard seed? Not sure how to answer that. But you know what just weird to touch with your hands? Eggs. I don't know why but i get grossed out when I have to touch egg yolk with my hands.

7. Do you have any major food allergies?
Red Dye. I'm very bitter about it. I would love to enjoy a Big Red soda with the rest of the world, but alas, I can not. Damn you Red Dyyyyyeeeeee! *As I shake my fist in fury*

8. Is there an ingredient that you would like to cook with, but are intimidated to try?
A whole Fish. I see them at Central Market with their lifeless eyes. I dont really know how to de-scale it. Or know if it is ok to cook. Oh and crawfish. Their beady little eyes really creep me out too. Maybe I should stop looking them in the eye.

9. Do you bake?
I wish I did more often. I love baked goods in the house. They are so yummy, but I want to stay away from the sweets. And I am sure if I made cookies, you would find me in the closet under the stairs with chocolate all over my face digging into the whole plate of cookies. So that is why I stay away. But the last time I tried to make fat free, sugar free treats was brownies. And our dog copeland ate 80% of the plate. Thankfully it wasn't real chocolate and we didn't have to take him to the vet. But I have never seen him run so fast in my life. I think he liked it.

10. If you could go on any “foodie” show to compete, which one would it be, and why?
Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations. Just let him take me around town and teach me about food. That would be awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment