Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Bonus Checks


So David and I both work for AT&T. David originally worked for Wayport which was an Austin based company that ended up being purchased for the big conglomerate known as AT&T. So then David started working for AT&T and climbing up the business ladder, then I decided to join the team. I started off on the bottom of the totem pole but I have been slowly moving myself up the chain and am now the Trainer for the Technical Center. David and I break it down for people that He makes the Internet and I teach people how to fix it. You get the point.
But when AT&T bought out Wayport things started to change, as they normally will, but one thing that was very exciting was the fact that we get a bonus check once a year. It depends on how high you are up on the scale to determine your percentage. And then there is the addition of how well the company did as a whole. This year our company did very well so we got a little extra in the bonus.
The hard part about the bonus was that AT&T has owned our company for over 2 years, but no one got a bonus last year. And that was not fun at all for anyone, so when this year rolled around and everyone got their bonus... we had a lot of fun with it.
We all decided to go to Bender to celebrate. It was so great to have another reason to go out and hang with everyone. We really always have a fabulous time.

Obviously, I enjoyed every penny I could squeeze out of that bottle to enjoy myself that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment