Thursday, March 24, 2011

I was cursed for a whole day.


Yes, I was cursed. I can’t think of any other way this could have happened to me. Some might say that is was the hot dog that I ate from Dog Almighty, but I have eaten from there before and there was never a problem from it, always a great meal. But on Tuesday, I decided to grab Dog Almighty for lunch and bring it back to work to eat. I have never ordered their food to-go, but thought it would be ok. Later on in the day, I wasn’t feeling that well. That night I actually had the greatest time with David, we had a meatball sandwich while watching Ferris Bueller’s Day Off. I really forgot how much I like that movie and enjoyed every minute of it. “Like John Lennon says, I don’t believe in the Beatles, I just believe in me.” Anyway, at the end of the night, my stomach wasn’t feeling that great. I went to bed and figured I would feel better in the morning. On Wednesday, I woke up and pick up a friend to work, that I carpool with. I decided to get a smoothie for breakfast. I figured that would be light for me to have and something that wouldn’t be hard for my stomach. Boy, was I wrong. I went to work, and at the moment, I am teaching a class. Our class lasts for 3 weeks, and Wednesday was the 3rd day of class. I couldn’t even finish the first hour of class before I had to go to the bathroom because the fruit smoothie disagreed with my stomach. I thought I would be okay after that, but when I realized I couldn’t even hold down water, I knew I had to go home. Luckily, I have a really great boss and also thankful I left when I did. I had to stop at 3 places just to get home. I picked up some soup and crackers, but by the time I got home, I realized that I could only have water. And the only reason I would drink water was so I wouldn’t have to just throw up bile.

The way I see a virus is, you want it to get out of your body as fast as possible. And if your body is telling you how it has to come out, you don’t disagree. So I spent the whole day sleeping, and when I wasn’t sleeping I was in the bathroom. Finally, David came home and convinced me to move downstairs to try to eat some apples and drink more water. I know that I could have taken care of myself just fine and that if David wasn’t in my life I would handle it like a champ, but just having him there really made me feel better and made me want to get better. He would softly pat my head while I would fall asleep watching Law and Order: SuhVoo, until he decided it was time to put me to bed. I ended up having to take a shower sitting down, because I didn’t have any energy to stand up. But I do have to say, I was so glad it was just Food Poisoning. I hate the stomach flu and it honestly terrifies me. I am proud to say I haven’t had to throw up since 9pm last night and I am back at work and able to hold down fluids. I am very excited about this and hoping I don’t get cursed in a long time. If anything being sick, reminded me how much I hate to be sick and how I hope that won’t happen in a long long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment