Monday, January 31, 2011

Must Plan Everything Out.

I am not sure why, but I have to plan everything out. I am talking about my day, events in the future, I have to know what is available and what is scheduled. But the hard part about planning is that I do not put this down on paper. I do not share this information with my spouse and I sometimes just assume he can read my mind so I will not have to let him know.
And I don't only plan out things for the week but for months in advance. I have been informing you of things that are changing in our lives and the question that pops into my head is if I should inform the internet world of our plans or wait til it happens. But this is my little tiny island in the world wide web and if I want to share what is happening in my life then that is what I am going to do...
So the truth is that David and I have been talking for a while about starting a family. It's not happening right now but something we are discussing. One of the reasons we wanted to get everything looked at and taken care of was because we wanted to make sure I was in the best possible state before we started trying. We've had miscarriages in our past and having another one is so terrifying that we just want to make sure everything is looked at ahead of time. So there you have it, the breast lump and the polyp in the uterus were all things to look into because we want this to be right. The best news is that we don't have to worry about the lump and for some crazy reason, the polyp disappeared. I am beyond excited about this but then we have to look at what happens to my planning.
We agreed to start trying in June, expecting that there would be a polyp to take care of and handle, but know that it is no longer there- what do we do?
We considered pushing our time up and that might happen, but David wants to avoid having a child born anywhere near a Holiday. And since Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years are right after the other, that means we have to wait until after March. I know that sounds crazy, but his cousin was born on Christmas Day and to this day, he hates his birthday- not because of the meaning of Christmas but because he never got to celebrate his birthday as his own. David wants to avoid our child of having to ever deal with that. And if you could avoid that for your child, wouldn't you?
So now we are waiting and the question is, what do we do with our time?
Well I have started to put in my plans. 1st is my boot camp! I am so excited about it and will be starting on February 7th. Waking up at 4:45 and being at the location at 5:30 will interesting, but I know I can do it. I am very excited and will let you know how it goes.
The other thing that I have planned for us is getting our couple's shots in. No, it's not a vaccine, but a photo shoot of the two of us. Trust me, if I had the patience to set up the camera and do the pictures myself, I would but we need someone to pose us and get this done right. So now I am contacting different photographers to find out who I want to do the shoot. So that will be going on in March or April. Also, we have been planning to get new dinning room furniture- we would like to get the house somewhat complete before I get pregnant. And there is also me getting my motorcycle license and David will be retaking the course with me as well. As long as I am comfortable with being on a bike, we have agreed for David to get his dream bike: the Triumph.
So when actually typing all of that out, we really have a lot we need to do before a baby comes along. And honestly, I am fine with focusing on other things before taking that big leap into parenthood. So there you have it, the honest truth. As honest as I can be and as well planned out as I can put it.

No comments:

Post a Comment