Thursday, January 27, 2011

Pump up the Jam!

Sometimes I forget how much i enjoy working out in the morning and how it will always put me in a good mood. The hard part for me is that if my body is really tired, I tend to listen to my body and get another hour of sleep in if i can't get out of bed. But while I hear the alarm go off at 4:45 in the morning, I slap the crap out of it and wait for 4:55. When 4:55 shows up, I hit the alarm again and wait for 5:05. At 5:05 I slowly open my eyes and this is when I decide if I should wake up or go right back to bed.

This morning I decided to get up. So I go into the bathroom and I start brushing my teeth then get ready for the gym. Some might wonder- how in the world can you find the energy to work out before you go to work. Well the honest truth is that I do not have a magical body. I cannot eat whatever I feel like and be super skinny. I have to work at how I look and one of those things is with at least an hour of workout 5 days a week and decreasing my amount of daily calorie intake. But it’s not just about wanting to become healthier or ‘fit’, it’s actually all the other steps that make my trip to the gym in the morning a lot easier for me.

So if you want to start working out in the morning and starting your day off right, here is what I do every night before I go to bed.

1) 1) I pack 5 meals in a small lunch bag. I have switched to eating 6 small meals a day. A good general rule is to try to make the meal something that you can fit in your hand. Anything really bigger than that, you don’t need to eat in one meal. So now I will have 5 meals to have tomorrow every two hours starting at 8 am.

2) 2) I lay out my gym clothes in my bathroom. I am talking about my tennis shoes, socks, workout pants, shirt and my super comfy hoodie that I wear since it is freaking cold in the morning. Having it already there just makes it harder to ignore and go back to bed. Since I laid it, I know I have to put it on.

3) 3) I pack my clothes that I will wear at work the following day in a backpack. I've included everything that I need in order to get ready at the gym. Face wash, baby wipes, perfume, lotion, clothes, make up, hair brush, ect.

4) 4) I go to bed before or around 10. If I could go to bed earlier I would be so happy with that. But for some reason I always get a second wind around 8.

So there you have it. It’s nothing crazy difficult or different. I basically make it to where the only thing I need to focus on when I wake up is to brush my teeth and put my clothes on. My day clothes are in the backpack and that is all I have to carry downstairs.

Now I have been so tired I have accidentally left my lunch or phone at home. That was something that just happened, but I usually get to the gym around 5:30-5:45. I have enough time to get an hour workout and still have my needed 30 minutes to get all beautiful. It use to take 20, but I just start Bare Minerals and that stuff takes forever!

So there you go. I really enjoy working out in the morning because when I get to work, I’m usually super awake. I’m in a better mood. When I get off of work I am more focused on just enjoying time at home and I appreciate how amazing my bed is when I slip in for the night. Oh, and there are also a lot less people at the gym as well. That’s also pretty great. I hate going during peak hours, let me do my intense workout without the creeper doing the thigh master in the corner.

So if you decide you want to join me, I would love the company. Hopefully soon (cross your fingers) I will be joining my boot camp and making that morning workout a super workout!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment