Thursday, January 20, 2011

It's Thursday! That means tomorrow is Friday!

Day 6 is here! Yesterday was a lot easier than day 4. David is getting out of his grumpy phase and getting into his happy phase, which I am a huge fan of. We are saving money on the 'not smoking' thing and I have noticed that we have also started drinking less as well.
Let me just be honest about that, I have slowed down on my drinking. It is rare when I will have a beer or a glass of wine now with or after dinner. The only reason is because it turns my 5:30 am workout into a personal hell. I have to sweat out all of the alcohol and it just makes me feel horrible. So I just won't have a drink with dinner because I don't want to have to deal with the effects of it the next morning.
So I guess I really am on the path to get healthier. But it's hard to stick with it. I cried last night because I was so tired. I was tired of waking up at 5 and going to the gym every morning. I was tired of not being able to eat cheese. I was tired of counting every single calorie and every single carb and not seeing a result like I did when I worked out with my trainer. But I have to remind myself that when I worked out with my trainer, I was doing 5+ miles a day. Yes a day. We would start on Congress and 290 and walk all the way to the lake, down the lake, up the lake and back. Those were the days. And now he is in San Antonio until he moves to Australia. I have taken other steps in regard to my workouts. I purchased a month of unlimited boot camp,which I will have to wake up 4:45 for to get there on time, but still very excited. The part that bums me out is that I have surgery coming up and I don't want to sign up for bootcamp if I will be taking a week off. I want to go in it 150%. So until then, I am waiting. I guess I just wish I saw more of a result and not really me seeing the result, but David seeing it as well. David is very honest about everything with me and if he doesn't see something like I do, then he tells me. So it can be discouraging, but I packed my work clothes and laid out my workout clothes in the bathroom like I do every night to go to my work out this morning.
But.... when that alarm went off at 4:50, I hit snooze. Finally I got out of bed at 5:10 dragging my feet trying to convince myself to go back to bed. But I didn't... I brushed my teeth. Washed my face. Put on my workout gear and dragged my feet downstairs. I popped 2 of my energy pills and got in the car. I even got a good parking spot. Then I was getting my stuff to go inside and realized I couldn't find my phone. I searched and searched for it, everywhere I could. Then I realized, I took it out for a second in the kitchen... I must have left it on the counter. So I sighed. Realized my options and saw no other choice but to drive back home. I got home, went to the kitchen and then I saw no phone. Well Crap! So I grabbed the house phone and called my phone. It feel out of my pocket in the car and wiggled itself into the one place I didn't look. At this time it was already 5:45. I wasn't going back to the gym. So I went upstairs and climbed into bed. Took a 30 min nap, woke up and got ready for work.
So here I am at work. I am still tired. I wish I was in bed snuggling with my happy husband. But alas, I am not. So I am going to do everything in my power to get through today. Because tomorrow is Friday!!! And tomorrow we get our fancy new living room furniture. I will give you a hint, David let me get everything I wanted so you know it will look awesome! Until then... Happy Thursday and don't let the man get you down!

P.S. - It's National Popcorn Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment