Tuesday, January 18, 2011

What is that smell?

*Sniff Sniff* What is that? Can you smell that!? Is that... clean air? Why, yes. Yes it is....


The hard part about smoking is that you always smell like smoke. I remember when I was little I could smell it on anyone and I hated the way it smelled. I hated it so much that I swore up and down that I would never ever smoke ever! But then fast forward to the time where it was very important to be part of the cool crowd. Peer pressure got to me and I found myself sitting on top of a roof smoking a cigarette with my best friend. And now after many years I have been able to quit, but I forgot about all the things that I can do now that I have quit smoking.
A friend of mine pointed out it helps to make goals for every milestone I make in my quest to quit. She said she knew someone who got their teeth whitened after they quit for a certain amount. I am taking that idea very seriously. But there is one thing that I want to do before I celebrate anything else. And that is to go back to Enchanted Rock.
I know for a lot of you out there, enchanted rock was such an easy climb and has good memories for you, but for a smoker I saw it as a personal hell. The last time I went to Enchanted Rock was when David and I were dating. I remember being so embarrassed because I just couldn't keep pace and constantly found myself wanting to stop and the constant craving of a cigarette. So now, when we go- I'm going to get to the top, hopefully not out of breath and I am also planning to do a little Rocky jump when I get the top.
Also to make sure I don get tired, I have been increasing my workout. This morning I got myself out of bed at 5 and got dressed and out the door at 5:15. My goal is to get up at 4:45 and get out the door at 5. I was able to get a 75 min work out this morning and I loved every minute of it. I pumped my iron and it got so intense that they asked me to leave for bringing these guns on the premises. (Point to my Biceps) - So yea my workout went well and has been getting better since I have quit. But it not only about working out and getting more done. The most important thing to me is the way I smell. (Full Circle!)
I have always smelled like smoke, and I just bought a bunch of Dolce and Gabbana perfume and Victoria's Secret Lotion. I don't want to smell like smoke! So now, at the end of the day- I don't smell like smoke... I smell like a lady! And I'm not sure if you knew but the scent of a woman could make you go "whooraaah!" So it is Day 4. I can breath clean air. I smell good at the end of the day. I feel cleaner. My workout this morning was awesome. And I know once I accomplish this then I can take on all the other things I have had on my list for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment