Wednesday, April 20, 2011

What I have to complain about Thursday

Maybe this is what I have to call this post, not sure, but I am just going with it. I try to write this post with the intention of pleasing my mother and grandmother. I try to make it friendly and fun, but maybe I need to be honest every once an a while. No body's life is perfect, so why should I show how perfect mine is?
Yes, I have a wonderful husband and beyond fantastic house, but we still deal with our normal husband and wife stuff. I love my parents and my in-laws but I sometimes stay distant due to hectic schedule. And even with our friends... we would love to hang out with them as much as we want but time always doesn't allow it. We live a normal life, as normal as I think should be.
So Wednesday started off as normal as I could find it, but then my mother texted me in unbelief that a cousin of mine eloped to get married. I couldnt believe it either so she asked me to check the old faithful facebook since it is now an indicator of life statuses. Sure enough, she eloped. My personal view on this is that I think it is wonderful that someone can find their true love and get married without the huff and puff of what is expected of an elaborate wedding so show your 'love'. I know my mother sees the same way, but something that internally bothers me is that when I choose to do something like that for myself my mothers family decided to dis-own me for my choices. It's something that I deal with and that I have talked about on my blog. I am happy with my life and couldnt be better from it, but I feel I need to talk about it.
Life is so short and with so many memories flying though determining whether or not they stay in your mind is not your choice. The older that you go, the more we tend to forget. Not by choice but by what our mind finds necessary. I remember growing up with a wonderful childhood. I remember having a supportive father and mother but it is when your parents can no longer shelter you from what life really is, is when you realize it for yourself.
The issue is that no one wants to talk about this. No one wants to talk about the drunk in the family, or maybe even the crazy lost Christian that has lost their way and dare I may say, the happy 20 something year old that has a child and eloped. Life is what you make it.
And I try so hard to tell you what I think without it being influenced, and it honestly is not an easy task, but I will continue to push past it and say what I feel, whether you like it or not. Because everyone has a little dark in their story... and if you don't want to read it, then skip on to the next chapter. Thanks for reading, see you next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment