Sunday, April 3, 2011

Evil Witchcraft Voodoo Doctor

There are a few things that I fear. There is no real reason why I should fear these things, but when I logically think about it as if someone was explaining something to me like it was the first time I heard about it I tend to be scared of logically sensible things. So that is why I am terrified of planes. I used to be okay flying and did in my childhood and growing up and going on vacations, but the older I have gotten the more I am more terrified of flying. Maybe it is because I have more to risk in my life or maybe because the way a plane flies in the air is due to the Evil Witchcraft Voodoo Doctor Airplane Pilot. This guy or girl shows up and does some voodoo ritual to start the engines of the plane and then gets it to back up, go down a runway and then fly straight up in the sky. I can only imagine him chanting to keep the plane up. Any turbulence is due to him loosing concentration of his evil witchcraft spells. Because of course, the science of a a big piece of metal flying up in the air makes absolute sense. And adding the weight of people with bags and bags of clothes and crap, it's still not easy to believe in the science of it.
I know that my argument is something that you hear from crazy conspiracy theory type of people, but I'm not like that. I am just someone who is very confused of the faith in technology. You can cross the country in a matter of hours. You can carry around a personal computer in your pocket. You can take High Definition video from a tiny little device and it is all moving faster and faster. It is scary to think what will happen when we have children and they live in the time of the future. Being a child of the late 80's I never thought television could be smaller. I never thought you could find an answer at anything at anytime, and with using it more than ever recently, I start to wonder if our society is starting to loose it's finesse. With texting and emailing, adding on top social networking, we start to miss the nice little touches in life. So to help do my part, I have decided to start writing letters and notes to friends. I think it it very important to remind people how much they are appreciated, so let me know if you would like a letter sent your way. I would be happy to send it out, of course to prevent people like the evil witchcraft voodoo doctor's from taking over.

No comments:

Post a Comment