Monday, April 18, 2011

VAY - CAY !

I have been wanting a vacation for a while. I started my job that I am at now the Monday after we moved into our house. Yes, that's right, the Monday after. I was given 2 'Paid Day Off' days once I started and I used one to clean our house for a After Thanksgiving party and for our anniversary to again, clean the house for New Years. So I haven't really used a day for myself. David and I have been talking about for a while on getting out of town and going on a small getaway to just relax. So when our schedules finally synced up we decided that the middle of April would be the perfect time to get out of town. So Friday morning I woke up at 3:45 to go to morning Yoga and headed back home to sleep some more. We woke up are 10 and got ready for the road.
We took the motorcycle out and it was about an hour and a half drive to a little place that we absolutely adore. This place is called 'The Island' and it's somewhere that David and I went in our first year of marriage. We have been planning to go there again and the time was never available. So this time we knew if we were going to go, we would do it right. We had everything planned out and I can not tell you how amazing it was to have just a couple of days. Friday we got there and re-visited one of our favorite places, Bam's Roadhouse Grill. They have some amazing stuffed burgers. And it was something that David has been looking forward to for a while. So we stopped on by, said hi to Bam and got our stuffed burger on.
We made our way to The Island and it was just as great as we remember it. We ended up getting a little big villa this time and it was great. We had a balcony looking over the courtyard and the lake. I found myself on Friday sitting in a rocking chair, drinking my favorite beer, listening to my favorite music and reading a fantastic book. I have never known of a better Friday night. Around 9 we decided to head down to the Island's own bar where they were having karaoke, one of our favorite things to do. We sang with some hilariously old retired guys and closed the bar down with them, talking honestly about technology.
We woke up the next morning to head down to the Island's spa for our couple's hot stone massage. It was a little rough for both of us but we were so happy about how relaxed we were after. We had to head back to the villa to go change so we could go have a late lunch at the Flat Creek Winery. We were lucky enough to grab a seat on the back patio and it was the best lunch I have had in a long time. David and I were in absolute bliss enjoying just an amazing time. We both enjoyed a glass of wine and after lunch we walked around the winery to walk off our tasty lunch. After enjoying our time, we headed back to the Villa and spent the rest of the night in the villa.. We stopped at Central Market on the way out to grab some yummy food that we could cook in the oven when we got there. After relaxing and enjoying our night we headed to bed and slept just in time to wake up, head out and get back into Austin before sundown.
I wish I had pictures for you, but would you believe that we had so much fun we kind of forgot to? Well, that's how it happened. But attached are some links that you can go ahead a click on to find out more about what we did. It really was the most amazing time we have had in such a long time. I would honestly suggest if you were looking for something fun to do, this is a check out. Glad to be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment