Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Cloud

So Tuesday David and I decided that after dinner it would be one of our movie nights. I decided that it would be best to watch 'Insidious' and yes it is a scary movie. It's not as scary as Poltergeist but a nice different twist and definitely some squealing moments on my part. Early that day there had been announced that Austin was under a Tornado Watch for most of the evening. So as we are watching our scary movie I turn my head to see an orange hint coming out of the blinds. It looked a bit weird since the sunsets on the front of our house and the orange was coming in from the back. I jumped up and peaked out of the blinds.... and I see this!

This has to be the biggest cloud I have ever seen. And it was sitting in our backyard. So what do I do? Tell David to come outside, because he had to see it for himself. We sat there for about 15 minutes, just watching this cloud pulsate, grow and move. I couldn't believe it, but there it was. So what do we do? Grab our phones and start taking pictures because we are a networking couple. We post it on facebook and twitter and before I could even upload, so was everyone else. It got so big that they even created a site for this cloud. CloudyCloudCalculator it is called and filled with 19+ pages of pictures just like this one. But lucky for you, you came to the right site. Because I got something for you that they don't got. My very own HD Video! So for you enjoyment, you can see the cloud from our own backyard!

Hope you enjoy and for the follow up, there was no storm nor tornado from this cloud near our home. So you can rest easy!

2 comments:

  1. I just realized in this video that I sound just like my brother Ben when I mumble something trying to make a clever and amusing off the cuff social reference. Then I realize it's only funny when it is delivered properly. Which I don't. Ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kinda noticed it too. Poor, Ben. He mumbles so bad that his Google Voice Search on his phone has no idea what he's talking about half the time. His delivery for jokes that have nothing to do with off-the-cuff social references are so funny, and they're never when you would expect them. Usually while he is driving and I'm pounding the dashboard because I'm laughing so hard, but his "Family Guy"-esq jokes are bad. I love him, btw.

    ReplyDelete