Wednesday, February 2, 2011

What's the point?

So I know there is no real way to be able to verify who and how many people are checking my site, but from what it seems the only person that I think reads this is my Mom. And the only reason I know that she is the only one who reads this is because she sends me a text message about how much she enjoyed reading whatever I wrote the day before.
I'd like to think I have enough family members that might be interested in our lives in Austin, and it really is so hard to be able to catch up with everyone. Maybe I could have a secret stalker and they could be planning out my next moves from what I write in my blog, but no one cares, only my mother. So what am I suppose to do with this... Do I start spicing my blog up and post false rumors about celebrities to get some traffic this way? Should I maybe start advertising, pay my little brother to stand on a corner spinning a sign to check out my blog? Maybe if I had something to give away for free, but I don't think I want to become famous with this blog. I enjoy it because I am able to write about what I am going through or what I am feeling and hope that maybe one day it would be able to help someone out there going through the same thing.
But I know what I have to write isn't interesting and I can only assume my stories are random, but maybe someone out there might enjoy reading my blog. So if you are out there, reader and you are not my mother, you don't have to declare yourself just spread the word about my blog. That is all I ask. I want to know that I am not just wasting space or my thoughts out into the world and that someone (besides my mother) is actually interested in what I have to say.
If you do not want to speak up, do not worry, I will continue my blog. And I will let you know of all my fancy shenanigans that I get into.

Oh! And Happy Black History Month!
Did you know.... In 1897, African-American inventor Alfred Cralle patented the first ice cream scoop. His original design remains in wide use, even today!

No comments:

Post a Comment