Monday, February 28, 2011

Is that a Coach?



Please forgive me for taking such a long time to get back to this Blog. It really isn’t an excuse, but I am teaching a new class and I am finding myself spending the day teaching, after work – working out with David and then dinner then sleepy time. And sometimes I have to fit sleepy time in later to get more work done. So please do forgive me that I have ignored you for so long.

But the good part about that is it had given me so much more to talk to you about. The first part of this story is that I bought myself a Coach purse. I know for some people that might not be such a big thing, and let me just say ‘Good for You’. But when I was growing up, spending more than $20 on a piece of clothing was ridiculous to my parent’s, so I got dealt with what I could find on sale. Then I started growing up and finding more about makeup and clothes and what not. Then I met David…

Yes I know I have talked about David with such a big starry eyed voice, but I can honestly say, he just makes everything better in my life. Everything I want, he gets me. I want a new car *poof* New Car! I want a big beautiful house *poof* Big Beautiful New House! And then stuff to fill in the house… you get the point. Well, one day came along where David propositioned me to tell me that we had been doing so well in our budget and in saving money, that there was a certain amount of money left over. The option was to save it or go spend it. We talked about both options, and since we are fine with bills, savings and extra savings, we decided to spend it. I went and bought everything that I wanted. And then after I spent all my money I realized, I wanted a Coach purse. I have had one before, but I have never had one that I got to by all by myself, with my money, from my hard work. So I told David I wanted to buy a Coach. He said I couldn’t do it without waiting, which made me sad, but I said I would wait.

(Sorry about the picture, only I could find online of the exact purse. I love it so much!)

Well don’t you know it, I totally forgot that I wanted a Coach purse (obviously, I really needed one) and David reminded me that I would have the chance to go buy one. He was really smart the way he approached it too. He said that I have a certain amount in my “Beauty Fund” and that I could buy a purse, but it was up to me to make sure there was enough in there for me to get my hair done next week, and if there wasn’t enough money, then I couldn’t get my hair done. That really made me think twice, but the Coach God’s were shining down on me for sure. Why you ask? Because when I walked into the Coach Outlet in San Marcos, everything was 30% off. I was in Coach Heaven. So instead of with me just buying 1 purse, I got a beautiful purse that I adore so much. A simple Coach Card holder and a Coach over the shoulder bag. Supercute!! I came home and was just jumping up and down how much I loved my Coach and how I thanked my husband for helping me make it happen. We had to go to a friend’s birthday party so I decided I would bring my smaller bag. I couldn’t stop laughing because now David will say “I’m sorry, is that a Coach.” It cracks me up each time and he just says it at the most perfect time. I guess I like it because he is acknowledging how amazing my taste in purses has become.

I have also noticed that there is just something about buy a purse like that for yourself. A friend of mine, Pata, always buys Dooney & Bourke. I was always jealous that she got to do this, but now I get it. If you save up and have the determination or a really great husband and saving money, you can easily get a purse like mine! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment