Wednesday, July 14, 2010

My name is Elizabeth, and I like ice.



I have had an obsession with ice for quite a while. My mom would tell me about how she would just eat ice while she was pregnant with me. I don't remember when I found it necessary to start eating ice, but I have finally acknowledged that I have a problem. I really really like ice. And not just any time of ice. I'm usually just satisfied with our ice machine in our fridge. When ever I happen to get a glass- I fill the cup up to the top with ice and then put the water in. Because, after drinking that big glass of tasty water, I will then sit and eat all of the ice. I can go through 5-8 glasses a night, just going back and forth. David is wonderful since he pauses whatever we are watching since he knows I will be back within a minute.
But I have taken my addiction to a new level. I have started paying for ice. And not just any type of ice - Sonic Ice! I learned about this amazing crunchy soft ice from sonic while living in Austin. For some reason I thought I would have to actually order a drink- then I would get a big cup of tea and be forced to drink it fast so I could get to the ice. Then I realized - I could probably just order the ice on it's own. So I asked how much a Route 44 cup of ice would be. 49 cents! Can you believe that! Just 49 cents! And I am happy to pay that.
So now I go just about everyday. Who am I kidding- I go every day. Sometimes I go 2 times a day. I can't help it. That big red straw and that soft ice- I have to have it! So it's obviously become an addiction that can not be beat. I decided to give David a head's up and let him know that when we decide to start a family he can expect to make trips to Sonic for me and buy cups of ice every day since I will be demanding it while I sit on the couch complaining about fat fingers and feet. Don't worry for him, he's already started researching ice machines that will satisfy my addiction and a proper way to finance for it.
So there you have it, thanks for listening, I feel a lot better. Like a big iceberg has been lifted off of me. I'm not ashamed and I don't think I need help. I'm happy with staying at the first step of facing my addiction, and I proudly state, hold my sonic cup held up high, that my name is Elizabeth, and I am addicted to ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment