Monday, July 26, 2010

Game Nights


How I love Game Nights... let me count the ways! Last Sunday we had a terrific game night. David and I cleaned the house on Saturday so all we had to worry about on Sunday was actually having food prepared. David had decided he wanted to do Grilled Chicken Salads for Game Night Dinner. I was a little worried of how it was actually going to turn out - but it was one of the best salads I have ever had. We had 2 different types of lettuce. Lots of tomatoes, onions, bell peppers, mushrooms, chopped up turkey bacon, cheese and croutons. We had 3 different types of salad dressing and let me tell you, it was so DEEE-LIC-IOUS!!!! Once we stuffed ourselves with green food, we started game night. Pata brought the game Chutes and Ladders. It was so great to be able to see a bunch of 20- somethings (except David, he's 30) have such a fun time with Chutes and Ladders. We tried as hard as we could to play with logic and play with the intellecutal side of your brain- but it's hard when the only way you can move forward is to spin a higher number than a lower number - yea I know, Rocket Science! So we played this delightful game and had a great time doing so. We then decided to play a game of Apples to Apples which I have explained about before. It's a super fun game and finished just in time for Pata to head out and watch her show True Blood. So we packed up the games and had a movie night. We have been planning this movie/game/dinner night all week.

David was insistent to have me watch Labyrinth. I was a little taken back in the beginning of the movie- not sure what to think of it. But the puppets and David Bowie was hands down amazing! It was such a fun movie and thanks to David singing me many songs from that movie, I was actually able to keep up with my friends sing in the back ground. So that was our game night. We had such a lovely time and I''m sure there will be many more!

No comments:

Post a Comment