Monday, July 26, 2010

Moonshine



Wow! It's almost been a week! I swear, I don't know where the time went. I have honestly been very distracted and busy- and I mostly blog at work since there isn't much to do recently, so now I have tried to find some time and something to actually talk about.
On Saturday, David and I went to go visit our family and hang out for a few hours. On the way back I realized we didn't have much planned to do that night. So we got home and David cleaned the kitchen, and I cleaned the living room and finished a load of laundry. Right when I had finished cleaning, I laid down on the couch to rest up and my friend Moses gave me a call. He is so amazingly awesome! I love him to death- so much he is the only person that can convince me to walk 10 miles in one day. I hasn't seen him in a while since he was out of town - so I was really excited to get to hang out with him and get my head on straight. So David and I met him at a cute little bar names Stompin' Grounds. It's a great little place off of Congress, they serve coffee, pizza pie and drinks. I think we had 2 drinks and lots of conversation when Moses suggested we go up to his loft, which was upstairs. I had always wanted to see Moses' place since it is amazing and he has some of the coolest things with the greatest stories behind them.
Then Moses tells us he brought back some Moonshine from Georgia when he went to visit family. I had tried it before, but David and I decided to have a drink of it. It was mixed with orange juice and tasted very pure and tasty. Before you call the cops on me- it is not illegal for me to drink it. It is however to distill and distribute. So we had a great night of conversation and enjoyed some moonshine. Well David's little brother and his wife, Ben and Ashley, came in to town and got to meet my friend Moses as well. Ashley was a tad tired from working all day and coming up to Austin. I was pretty sure she wanted to make a night in - but after she had half a glass of moonshine and orange juice - she was like the energizer bunny. So we decided to join Moses and his trip to downtown. We went to 3 different dance clubs! We would walk in one - go find a place to dance and just sing at the top of our lungs. We actually all went upstairs to the balcony and Ashley and I danced it up! David and Ben thought it would be better to find out where the lasers where coming from that you could see on the dance floor.
So once we decided to leave downtown we stopped at a fun pizza place called Home Slice. I personally enjoy Hoboken Pie better- but if you are traveling down Congress- you should try a slice of Home Slice!
So in all honesty, I didn't go to bed til 3:30 am- and it has been a while since that has happened. But I think it really did need to happen. I had a fantastic time with my husband and family and the best friend in the whole world, Moses. I've been trying to distract myself and stay stress free recently. Moses really helped me see what is important and what I should focus on. And if for one night it was a glass of moonshine and a dance party- I will gladly accept that.

No comments:

Post a Comment