Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Madre Day




This past mother’s day was such a great one, the only thing that we were missing was my little brother who is now in the Navy. But the weekend itself was really filled with a lot to do. On Friday night, I had to go into work to take care of a new ticketing system that we were releasing so going into work at 10 pm and staying up til 7 was not an easy task at all. I ended up going home and only being able to sleep til about 11 am. Let’s just say I was a Zombie on Saturday. But I held my cravings for brains since David’s Godson and his parents and our very good friends Pat and April came in town. I absolutely adore their little boy Trey, and if I do say so myself, he is just a cute little kid. I know that at some point people wonder what their future child will look like, but if we have a kid that is as cute as Trey, I am sure we would have the cutest baby ever. So we got to see them on Saturday and then head over to our friend’s Jon and Ben’s housewarming / birthday party. It was a nice time and we enjoyed ourselves, but only to head home around midnight because I really couldn’t stay up any longer. Sunday I was able to get a little bit more sleep to wake up and get ready to head to San Antonio. We packed the car up with presents and then headed our way in. We went to our parents place first and my Dad had decided to bar b que and boy does he know how to grill some meat.

But this Mother’s Day was really important to me, because for the first time in my life, I was able to do financially well for myself to save up and buy my mother a purse, but of course I wouldn’t buy her just any purse, so I got her a Dooney And Burke. I think I was more excited to give it to her than she was to get it herself. I was just beyond excited when it came time for presents. I wanted her to know that she really did deserve this and that it was my way of thanking her for being my mom. I was also lucky enough to have my Ma there and David and I gave her a lovely picture of us *Thanks Shutterbug!*

Also, for those that know me well, you know that my grandmother on my mom’s side passed away a bit ago and even though I still keep her in my heart, I have been very lucky to be given another grandmother in my life. It really is a long story of how that came across but my dad has had a best friend for most of his life, his best friend’s mother has really become part of our family and life has given me another grandmother. I love her so much and her name is Mrs. Rice. It really was the best thing ever to have her there for Mother’s day and I also got her a gift to thank her for being part of my life.

After a lovely lunch and catch up we went to go see David’s parents and celebrate Mother’s Day with his mother as well, but due to my crazy zombie schedule that I had no recovered from yet, we had to head home. But this Mother’s day really was such a lovely one. As much as David and I are looking forward to on becoming parents I know that becoming a Mother is something that will happen in my own time, but to understand the love of a child to a mother is something I am so grateful I have been able to fully understand before I become a parent, because by having such a great mom like mine, I can only hope I love my children as much as she loved me.

No comments:

Post a Comment