Sunday, May 1, 2011

Happy Birthday Eeyore!


So in the spirit of keeping Austin weird, one of the events we have in our little music town is a birthday party for Eeyore. And if you are going to ask me who is Eeyore, then I have to ask, what type of childhood did you have? If you know the name Winnie the Pooh then you have to know who Eeyore is. So this year it was Eeyore's 48th birthday party. It's a free event and is a great time to get together, hang with some great friends and celebrate his birthday. There's music, dancing, food, beer and a guaranteed good time. The one thing that I love about Eeyore's is that it is not just for adults but for kids. They have maypoles, animal petting zoo and games to be played. I everyone has their own reasons to go, but I had a great time last year and knew that I wanted to be there this time.
We had a great time bringing out our blanket and sipping on some beer and people watching. My friend Pata joined me out as we met our friends Ryan and Kelsea. I even took video of a drum circle! They had hula hoops and dancing, and even unicycle competitions. I could only describe to you about the fun to be had, but you might just have to join next year if you want to experience for yourself.



No comments:

Post a Comment