Saturday, January 2, 2010

A 2 Year Celebration



On Wednesday, David and I celebrated our 2 year anniversary and it was so great to see how much we have learned, grown and loved. A little over 2 years ago, David and I started planning our wedding. We decided we wanted to have a small wedding, on a Wednesday in some random town in Mexico that would require a donkey to get to the town. Why? is the first question I think pops in to peoples head when they heard of this plan. Honestly, because we didn't really want anyone at our wedding. I know that sounds harsh and some people may not agree or understand, but that is just us. We just wanted it to be for us and only us. As much as other people may interact and watch the marriage grow, we believed it was up to us to make it work, so it should just start with only us when we get married. So we started the planning and next thing I knew I just couldn't deal with all of the planning. I think we realized we just wanted to get married right away when I was crying from all of the planning and told him I though it would be better to catch a plane and go somewhere random and just get married. Of course David agreed and I had to talk us out of it. We decided we would do it small and in a rush. So we went out and got a marriage license, sat down both of our parents for dinner and said... "Surprise! We're getting married in a week and it's going to be at (David's) mom's house." It honestly didn't go as well as we hoped. But slowly we started getting everything put together quickly and nicely.
I remember the day we got married so well, but still such with some blurs. I remember being absolutely calm and relaxed and really didn't care about much, but just waiting to see David and say I do. Like any wedding there were some glitches to work around. Our minister was flying in from Dallas, and to not fault to him, his plane was delayed 2 hours. Uninvited guests showed up and my family harassed our bridal party to see if there was any other reason we got married in a hurry. However, I was just sitting in his parent's bedroom just sitting and watching everyone run around to get everything right for us. My favorite moment (besides marrying David) was when my mom and dad were getting ready to walk me down the isle. I wrapped my arm around my dad's and he squeezed my hand. The second he did that, it took everything out of me not to cry. I remember seeing David down at the end with tears rolling down his face with a big smile to show his excitement. The rest of the night was just wonderful. Having dinner with all of my friends and family and trying to find any way to place the word 'Husband' in a sentence. The food was great, the cake was even better, and the speeches was the cherry of the evening.
So here we are 2 years later. We had dinner at our favorite Sushi Restaurant, picked up my brother and went to our friends birthday party. I know some people were confused why we would spend our anniversary at a friends birthday party... but in all honesty, we did that last year for our anniversary and it ended up being a great night and a great year... so if it works, why fix it? We actually might have a tradition on our hands. The best part of that night was that we sat down and wrote a list of all the things we want to accomplish in the next year before our next anniversary. Reasonable, affordable, reachable goals. We are so excited abut this upcoming year and everything that we can do to make more memories and learn more about each other. I love David so much with all of my heart, and as sappy as I can be sometimes he is the light in my life.

Happy Anniversary David!
2 down, 78 to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment