Monday, January 18, 2010

Sunday Nights feel Alright!!!


Another blog about our wonderful Sunday Game Night. Last Sunday was the biggest and best game night we have had yet. We have been a bit busy recently helping our friends Alan and Kelly move into Austin and introduce them to anyone and everyone in town. We've been to the local watering holes, checking out Town Lake, done endless amounts of shopping. The Sunday they moved to Austin ( January 10) We had to cancel our Game Night to help them move in and unpack. I, of course, felt horrible to turn my back on the well planned, always dependable Game Night - so I thought it would be best to make up for it a best as I could.

David and I decided to make dinner for everyone to make up for a missed Night of Games and the ruling of what to eat was good ol' Texas Bar B Que! David made smoked ribs, and I made (purchased) potato salad, hashrowns, and bar-b-que beans. Everyone had a plate of something to eat while there were moments of silence due to the hunger of meat on a bone. We had a 7 person meal eaten in full within 15 minutes. The best part was just enjoying conversations while cleaning up the kitchen. One of the founders of Game Night, PATA!, brought over a dessert to help me out from having to get one myself. She brought a Chocolate Mousse Pie that was amazingly good. So good, that we have now appointed Pata as the dessert girl for Game Night. A huge honor in our Game Night Tribe.

We decided to start the games and we so happy that we can really start to take advantage of the huge poker table David made a while ago. We started with the famously fun game 'Apples to Apples'. I really can't remember if I have mentioned this game before (I'm really bad about keeping up with this blog) but we L-O-V-E this game. We haven't met anyone who doesn't like this game and I'm sure if we did meet someone who didn't like this game, we wouldn't invite them back because they must be crazy, since we really really love this game. Anyway... it's a great game. There is one judge out of the group that picks a green card (Adjective) and everyone else has to put down a red card (Noun) that they think best resembles the green card. The judge decides who best described the green card in their own view, and the one with the most cards wins. Super easy and super fun!

After a round of Apples to Apples we decided to try a new game that I had purchased just for Game Night. It is called Imaginiff... This game is horrible. Do not buy! It looked like a lot of fun and ended up being a lot of pointless work. We couldn't figure out how the game was played and when we finally did, one round barely lasted 5 minutes. On top of that, you have to tell people what you think of them in somewhat of a harsh way. It was no fun, we voted and decided to discard the game. It was returned, and out of our house.

After the horrible mess that is called Imaginiff we decided to take another crack at Apples to Apples. We played for a couple of rounds and started to notice that everyone was getting a little tired of the game. You can really only play it so many times. So we tried to think of another game to play and came up blank. We decided to give this thing 'conversation' a try and see how it goes. Before we got into any real conversation, I grabbed some notecards and pens so we could play the game Who Am I?

Every time we have tried to explain to someone what the game of Who am I is, they automatically say "Oh! Like in the move Inglorious Bastards!" Yes, just like in that movie. Thought I have played that game before, the thought of the movie did pop in my head and did create the idea to play the game with our friends. If you are not familiar with the movie Inglorious Bastards or the game, who am I, then let me explain.

How to Play 'Who Am I!' :

Everyone who is playing gets a sticky note or piece of paper. Everyone will write the name of a celebrity, political figure, cartoon character, book character, etc. You can choose one category or mix them up. Use a different person for each note. Place the note on the forehead of each player. Everyone has to ask yes or no questions to determine who their character/person is. When you figure out who you are you help others try to guess who they are. It actually ended being a lot of fun with a lot of laughs.

We had such a wonderful time with out Game Night Crew and gave hugs and goodbyes around the 10 pm mark.(everyone works Mondays) So my goal is to catch everyone up as much as I can since I am officially a week behind on this blog. We have to much to talk about! Kelly and Alan moved to Austin! And we have started going to this really great dinner party on Wednesday nights that I will have to tell you about too. So thanks for stopping by, and don't be a stranger! Soon I will have some more stories to tell you about!

No comments:

Post a Comment