Sunday, January 3, 2010

Lil Brothers and New Years!



I brought my little brother back with us last Friday. I had been waiting for him to come back in town so we could catch up and hang out. I had mentioned earlier that I had lost my 'cool' and couldn't stay up too late. I tried to make it up with my days off, so our anniversary night we brought Micheal out to Skipp's birthday party. We had such a great time with a baseball pinata and the chance to find out why this town tries to 'Keep Austin Weird'. We met so many new, great people and it was great to see my brother fit in so well to this town.
Thursday we woke up late and grabbed some Mexican food. Right after my brother and I jumped in the car and drove over to a tea house on 31st and Guadalupe. We had met a guy the night before who told us of this amazing place and to come in for tea. We ended up spending 2 hours talking, laughing and having some of the most amazing tea I've ever had in my life. We ended up going home and relaxing to get some rest before our New Years night. Our plans fell through and we were prepared to have a night in with a great movie. At 11pm we got invited to a last minute party and headed out. We had such a great time counting down and enjoying our self. I even caught my brother learning how to Hula Hoop! (It runs in the family I tell you!) We left that party and headed to another one after 1. We showed up to this great house near Lamar with a lot of land and a huge bonfire. We got to meet new people and stay up til 4. My brother and I also continued some great conversation for the rest of the night.

The next day we woke up late (and for me that was 10:30 for me) and I had the biggest best idea to make 2 desserts for a New Years Day party we were invited to go to. I managed to make a Chocolate Dr. Pepper cake and a Lime Meringue Pie. We showed up on time (but a little early for our friends) and hung around for snacks and movies. We watching the making of Iron Man for a bit, and watching the wonderfully fantastic Superman! It was even better to joke around and pull our own version of Mystery Science Theater 2010. After the wonderful jokes and puns to Christopher Reeves best movie ever, we watched Space Odyssey 2001. I've never seen it before... and it's really creepy. Like, really creepy. I actually got motion sickness watching his trip into another direction on a 12 ft screen. We ended up having to go home since I work so early in the morning, and David and my brother found it necessary to continue on David's projector and watch the 2010.
I had to send my brother on his way yesterday back home to Ol' San Antone, and clean up my house from a week of hanging out. I miss him dearly and can't wait for him to visit again. I started in another New Year with my husband and my brother on each side, and I wouldn't have it any other way.
Happy New Years!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment