Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Sunday Nights


My brother came to Austin with us when we headed back on Friday afternoon. I have missed my brother so much I thought it would be necessary to spend as much time as I could with him. I planned so much fun, but when I realized he was coming to visit, I wake up at 6 and go to bed at 10... so going out and having a crazy time isnt in the books for us this week.
So far, we've been able to watch some really great movies, have some great catching up conversations, and have some fabulous dinners. On Sunday nights, Ive posted before of our Dexter Sunday Nights and the games and shows that we watch. Since Dexter's 4th season ended we've continued Sunday game nights with a movie to add. On Sunday, we decided to make breakfast for dinner. It is one of my favorite meals ever. David had to go to work to set up his new office since Engineering moved to a new building and wanted to get as much done with out anyone bothering him. I got home before he could, and instead of waiting I thought it would be best to cook by myself. I dove head in to the breakfast dinner and I was so surprised how well I did!
I followed David's dad's cook book and made homemade biscuits! From scratch! I know! And made eggs, turkey bacon, hash browns! Micheal put together some orange juice and viola! We had breakfast dinner! It was such a great memory and a wonderful dinner! The best part was there was no food left to throw away and a game of Apples to Apples for dessert!
I look forward to Sunday nights more than anything. We did miss our 4th friend Ally who is skiing up a storm in Colorado (We miss you Ally!), but I think Micheal tried to fill her shoes the best he could. And if you haven't made homemade biscuits, then you need to get started on that soon! It really is the best tasting thing ever!

P.S.- We need you back Ally! David won every game of Apples to Apples! So not fair!

No comments:

Post a Comment