Sunday, January 3, 2010

A Less Better Camera

I know... I will always want, want, want. But I seriously believe this is for a good reason. I was going through my older posts and noticing that my pictures have started to diminish the more I post. I tried to think over the past few weeks of why I have not been behind the camera. First I used the excuse of it being too cold, then I realized when I go somewhere I think about bring the camera and my husband talks me out of it since he is probably afraid I will leave it wherever we are going. There is also a belief that I think that everyone owns a camera in their home and uses it often. I know that it isn't true for everyone, so I have to actually remind myself to bring my camera. So let's say I remember everything I am suppose to and I find a way to even bring a camera to the event, the main problem is my camera is just too big. It really is an amazing camera. David got it for me a while ago... he was so sweet about giving it to me even though it just happened to be a day where I did nothing but cry all day for no reason. But he called it an "I Love You" gift and I quickly fell in love with this amazing camera. It is the best camera I have ever owned in my life... and has taken me to so many places I never thought I could go as a photographer... but it is just too good of a camera.
You are probably thinking about how a camera can be too good. Well let me explain why I think this camera is too good.

1) I can not take pictures with friends without asking someone else to take the picture for me.This is a very important thing. I have had people try to steal my camera since it is so good. And if I find someone to take the picture... Most of the time they have no idea how it works since they've never held a decent camera before. So a small crappy camera really would be the best thing to avoid a picture like this....2) It's too expensive to take around to places where I might be partaking in alcohol. We all know how alcohol can affect the brain... and you tend to forget things.... let's just be honest. You're not on top of your game. Last time I went downtown I was dancing with some friends and left my camera at a table with friends. I can't really wear it around my neck and function in a moving state. And someone tried to steal it! I know! I caught him, he dropped it, and ran out the door. So Tiny camera can fit in a pocket... Big cameras attempt to get stolen.
3) If I lose my camera, my world will end. I can't let that happen. If I use my camera for my artwork or family functions, maybe even a gig for someone. That is absolutely fine since it's work for me and I am very serious about my work. But for social functions I think it would be best to stick with a camera that is worth less than $200.
4) If I lose my camera my Husband will not be happy... at all. Seriously, I think I would have a husband that would not talk to me for a bit. He knows how much I love that camera, and if I lost it, I can even imagine how he would react. Did I also mention he loves this camera? Yeah... he wouldn't be happy. And all because this camera is just too good.I know I might not be making the best argument in the world here. And I have to admit that I did get a C in Debate. I'm great at Public Speaking but I usually pay attention to another conversation waiting to interject to prove my point. I personally think these reason's are good enough to get what I want. And hopefully soon that will occur for me. I think the best option would be to get an Flip camera. It is a camcorder and would be great for social scenes. My only concern is for the lack of flash. And I think I am allowed to be choosy since I am not a beggar. And I will let you all know as soon as I get what I want and point out again how spoiled I really am.

No comments:

Post a Comment