Sunday, December 6, 2009

Hi, My name is Elizabeth

.... and I am addicted to Dexter. Yes, there are shows through out the week that my husband and I love oh, so much, but only one sets its own appointment in our schedule. My addiction to this show originally started when my brother approached me about a new show coming on Showtime. We had both had seen the previews for this new different show and both were interested. I remember that first episode, everything came out perfectly, and I immediately fell in love with Dexter Morgan.
I started showing a dedication to this show but would only have it recorded on DVR, and would watch it when I could. Some great memories I have of the show was setting out a time with my brother and both watching it in full excitement. My 'problem' didn't start until I got married. I tried to explain to my husband about the show... and really when it comes down to it, there is only two ways for a reaction to occur when you say "Let me tell you about my favorite Serial Killer." I have honestly had long conversations with many people about whether or not Dexter has the right to kill the people he does, and the best thing about that, is everyone has some sort of connection with why he chooses his victims. I mean really, if you knew someone was murdering and raping little boys and you could stop his evil without anyone ever knowing, what would you do? And, yes I know, that is a whole other story.
So, back to the story, I introduced my husband to the show and he fell just as hard as I did. It started in a point that I met other Dexter fans in Austin, and we would always meet at our house to watch Dexter on Sunday nights. I remember there being a vote to move the show from our house to others in rotation, but when you watch this show, there's nothing better than being able to watch Michael C. Hall on a 92 inch projector screen.And here we are on the 4th season, keeping up every way we can and our house is the place to be on Sunday Nights. Ally, Pata, David and I all meet up around 6:30. We play a few rounds of Apples to Apples, for fun and to kill time, and then it is DEXTER! We sit patiently watching the show with interest, excitement, and intrigue. We all look forward to this through out the whole week, and its so great to enjoy some great friendly fun with our favorite serial killer!

No comments:

Post a Comment