Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Sick of being Sick

I am so sick of being sick. On Monday morning I went to work with the feeling that I just had the worst allergies. After being at work for an hour my head was throbbing and there was no way I would have been able to get any work done. So I talked to my boss, told him I was going to go home and headed home with all intent to fall asleep. The only problem with that is once I am awake I can't fall asleep until I am actually tired. So I sat home all day just trying to get a bit better. I eventually did and decided to go meet David for dinner and a drink, then headed out to my friends house so we could have a meet and greet party before they went downtown. I was feeling so much better and decided to go enjoy a night on the town. I really wish I thought it out to the fullest since by 11 pm I was so exhausted I started falling asleep in a chair. I wanted to go home but took a ride out there to save on parking and be safer. So we all finally went home and being so tired I fell asleep right when I got home and was excited to wake up feeling better and go to work.
Tuesday I woke up feeling worse that I did Monday. I really didn't expect to feel that way at all. I was coughing up a storm and even sneezing up one too. Tissues, everywhere, water and hot tea. Fresh Lime and Honey were all over my kitchen. I had apples and crackers for lunch and really tried to take care of myself as much as I could. I do have to also admit that I did spend the whole day watching horrible reality TV and re watching all my favorite shows on HBO and Showtime. I don't think that there could be anything better than sitting on a comfy couch with a hand made knitted blanket, a hot cup of tea, and the first two seasons of Big Love. :) So after nursing my sickness I really started to feel as if I was getting better and I would be ready to go back to work the next morning. Then right around 8 o'clock last night I started to feel even worse. I started getting a stomach ache and really did not have a great end of the night. I finally fell asleep and again expecting to have a better morning.
Well today is Wednesday, and the only reason I can even write in my blog for today is because I am at home and sick. I woke up this morning feeling worse than I did the day before. But the good news is that I am feeling better today than I did yesterday. I can't really figure out what I ended up having, and I really am my father's daughter since I hate going to the doctor since I find it a waste of time an money. All together I can only figure I had the flu. And it's always good to know sometimes that no matter how quick and active you can be in life, there are always some moments that slow you down a bit to really notice what is important and how to be better on focusing on your health. I'm pretty bummed that I don't think I will be able to enjoy a night of Hula Hooping with the sickness I have had from this week. But the bonus of all of this that I got some quality couch time with my favorite dogs and relaxing night time with my husband. But I am just really tired of being sick. So pray for a speedy recovery and I will blog to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment