Sunday, November 1, 2009

I Finally Won Something!




Last Night David and I went to our Local Pub - The Red Shed Tavern. I had explained in a previous post about hopping and avoiding downtown, I even explained about past Halloween Costumes. And I do have to say last night was a great night. David got to watch his Texas Football, we both got to hang out (not downtown), I got to hoop and David got to watch me :) and the topper of the whole night was that I won the Best Costume Contest!!! As you see from the picture above David dressed up as Walker Texas Ranger... The Infamous Chuck Norris, and I dressed up as the annoying, media loving, Octo-mom! And if you haven't heard the Octomom, then please go to google and look it up, because you won't be able to appreciate the amazing point of this costume.
It took me about an hour to put together this whole costume, excluding getting my hair died black. That really is a whole other situation in itself, and maybe one day I will blog about the story of my black hair but today is not the day. So back to the story at hand, I finally won something! I got a $25 gift card to a bar downtown (how ironic) and the applause of the entire bar, because really... my costume was rockin! Every where I walked I would hear people scream "OCTOMOM!" My costume was so popular I even had requests of people wanting to try on my homemade baby Bjorn to give the kids a try. (See Picture Below). It was really great to go out and have a safe fun time with a bunch of people! It just goes to show that the spirit of Halloween is still alive in all!
Unfortunately, we didn't have any Trick or Treaters, but we didn't have our light on anyway. And we didn't even get any candy. So if we did have a little one knocking on our door we would be in a bit of trouble and probably get a Trick for not having a Treat.
Here are some pictures of fun people we got to me last night. Hope everyone had a great Halloween and can't wait for next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment