Tuesday, November 24, 2009

David is the big 3 0 !!!


I know I haven't written in the past few days but there are always good reasons when I am not able to keep up with the blog. This entire weekend we celebrated David's Birthday! On my 25th, which I celebrated in July was absolutely amazing and David put it together for me. I knew that I had to find some way to make his birthday over the top. For the past few weeks I have been reminding my husband about a new decade starting and he would always respond with a smart remark about how he is getting too old and death is on the way. I told his mother about his comments and she would call him a "Big Cry Baby" and remind me to tell him to suck it up and enjoy the new year coming up.
Actually when it comes down to it, on Thursday we started celebrating David's Birthday weekend. We enjoyably hung out with all of our friends and starting planning officially what we would be doing for David's big weekend. We all decided that we would go out on the town and enjoy his last few days of his 20's. David and I also had a chance to go and hang out by ourselves and chat up like we always have on our dates.
Friday was a whole day of getting ready and pretty for a big big night. I wasn't completely understanding of timeline for that night, so I was pretty surprised when my husband informed me at 6pm that we were going to be meeting our friends at 7 for pre party celebration. Surprisingly I was able to be officially ready in almost an hour... I might have pushed it a few minutes after but I still was ready. We were able to meet up all our friends at our local watering hole and waited for everyone to arrive before we went out. A good friend of mine was even able to show up as a surprise. Everyone was buying David a drink or a shot while I kept sipping my diet coke. We all ended up ready to go around 9 or 10 and headed down the road. We got to the club and had so many tables put together for our group. We had the best time ever, with talking, dancing, laughing and enjoying life. David and I ended up leaving around 1 and headed straight home to pass out from a busy, busy night.
Saturday, in my opinion was the best of the weekend. David enjoyed his day of football and I just relaxed and hung out. At the end of the night David and I played Pandora and put it on the Miles Davis channel. We sat around in the living room with our dogs and just talked the entire night. Everything was discussed of whatever we could think of. Our future, our pasts and our goals of life were right there in that wonderful cozy living room. We welcomed David's birth into this world with a great night and some big smiles.
On Sunday where David was officially 30 I woke up early to let him enjoy sleeping in the whole bed by himself. He finally woke up with a full intention of having a gourmet grilled cheese sandwich. He also decided that he wanted to enjoy sloppy Joe's for dinner. I went to the store (since it is something he really hates to do) and got everything we needed for Sunday Night. When I came home I made home made french fries while he put together the sauce and meat for our yummy yummy sloppy Joe's. To be nominated for the 'Best Wife of the Year' award I even did the dishes and took the trash out for David. I would have to say the best part of the whole weekend was when David announced that he loves being 30 so far. I really wanted to try to give David and amazing memory of the last few days of 29, and the best first days of 30. Another year and another birthday has gone by and David and I still keep getting closer and closer. The memories and stories that we share together are priceless and I am so happy to be part of #30 and can't wait for #31!

No comments:

Post a Comment