Thursday, February 11, 2010

Lucy's Birthday!


* I know I have a hard time keeping up with this Blog. I finally understand how some people ignore their computers when they come home after sitting behind one all day.*

A couple of Sunday's ago I was at work thinking about what needed to be done for our Super Bowl game night. We originally were not going to host a game night, but then we realized every one wanted to play Game Night so we decided to put it back on. Eveything was going fine at work, while I was surfing Facebook and realized it was Lucy's Birthday that following Tuesday. I knew there would be no way we could see her Tuesday so we needed to throw a surprise party and fast!
I took an immediate break and called Kelly and Pata with emergency on the brain! "Lucy's Birthday is on Tuesday! We need to do a surprise party!" Kelly took the task on of making a Birthday Card and Pata took the task of Birthday Cake. My job was the Birthday gift. Everything turned out so well in such a short period of time. Pata had managed to get a birthday cake, streamers, loot bags and more! And Kelly went above and beyond by taking a canvas and making the biggest best birthday card I have ever seen. I went the "Lyzz" route and had one of my favorite pictures of Lucy and Cameron printed out to a 8x10 and placed in a matted frame.
I got home a little early to go pick up the print and met Kelly and Pata at the house. We blew up ballons and set that house up for a Birthday Surprise fit for a Queen. (A queen who loves chocolate and unicorns with rainbows) Everything looked fantastic and the only thing we were waiting for was the birthday girl. They finally showed up and the best part was getting to see Lucy's face when she walked through that door.
She was so touched and so excited about all of the things that we put together! It was so great to have such amazing friends that can count on each other when we really need it. There was a birthday to be had, and we took care of it!

Happy Birthday Lucy!
Hope it was the best so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment