Thursday, February 11, 2010

The Fosters are Here!


A few years back I had moved to Houston to start a new life. Over a few months of enjoying the city I started to meet new and interesting people. All of those people that I had met, I honestly do not talk to anymore. Almost a year of living in Austin, I had gotten a job as a manager at a Smoothie King. We were opening a new store and had hired some really great people to start the new adventure of mixed fruit. Kelly was one of the first people hired.The first time I met her I was hungover from my English Professor's 50th birthday party and could barely work. I believe my first word's to her were "I am so Hungover and it's so weird because I never drink." She didn't really know what to think and didn't really know to talk to me. Over a couple of weeks we actually started to become really good friends. We started hanging out after work and getting to know each other better. I finally moved back to San Antonio and she stayed in Houston. We would catch up over the phone and I got to see her every once in a while when I would make a trip up to the 'wetlands.' Over time I had gotten married and moved to Austin and she had gotten engaged. Her and her fiancée, Alan, came up to Austin to visit. I remember her and I talking on the phone before her visit, worried of how our men were going to get along. Well, wouldn't you know, they along very well. So well, David saw the drive in Alan and wanted to get him a job at AT&T. The attempt didn't work out that well and Kelly and Alan ended up staying in Houston a bit longer. Over time, they ended up getting married and enjoying life. Right before Kelly and Alan were suppose to renew their lease, they got a message from David "Is Alan still interested in working for AT&T?" Within a month, a whirlwind acquired and next thing you know, The Foster's were moving to Austin to start a new life. Alan now works in the same department as David and they live half a mile from where we live.
It's so great to have one of my greatest friends living so close. It is even better to know that David and Alan get along so well. We enjoy our nights out in Austin, dinner nights on Wednesday and game nights on Sundays. Now we can only expect life to continue and memories to be made!

No comments:

Post a Comment