Tuesday, October 27, 2009

I don't Hula, I Hoop!



About few months ago David and I came across a little bar near our house called The Red Shed. It's a nice little neighborhood bar with a good kitchen and cheap drinks. We would visit frequently, mainly for the music. Every night would be a different genre. One fateful Wednesday Night we made our way out and the best music in the world was playing... Reggae! A spinner named Dr. Dubbist was playing some of my favorite of Dub Music and right in front of the stage was this woman that I could not keep my eyes off of. She was a Hooper. With a good ol fashioned Hula Hoop she spun around with it on her hips, knees, arms and even in the air. I was mesmerized at how amazing she was at hooping. So interested I decided to give a hoop a try. She actually ended up recommending a certain size for me to try out first and the second a spun that hoop around me, my world had changed.
The Hooper is named Aradia, her and I have become very good friends over the past few months. I get to go over to her house and practice new moves on the hoop and I do have to say, I am getting pretty good at being a Hooper! She found out that I am a Photographer and expressed to me that she needs some pictures for her website. So the best part of everything is that I get to take pictures of her hooping, and she makes me amazing new hoops and I get lessons! The best part of everything (even the free hoops) is the fact that the pictures I have been getting are amazing. Aradia and I will be starting on Hooping Series around Austin of her hooping in amazing known places. This is a new idea in my Photography that is going so well that hopefully in less than a year I will have enough work to have a gallery showing with all of my work. It's looking more and more possible after ever photo shoot I have with her.
I had no idea that Hooping could change my life for the better. It's a new amazing, exciting thing that I thank God everyday for finding its way to me. Here are some more pictures of Aradia hooping. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment