Monday, October 26, 2009

Happy Birthday Mum!


Saturday on the 24th was my mother's birthday. :) I had been wondering what I could get her, but anytime I actually get her a gift I sometimes here "You shouldn't have! You don't need to spend money on me for my birthday, save it for yourself." So I thought what could be best as a present for my mom. On Wednesday I had called my dad at his work and talked to him on what he would be doing to celebrate my Mom's Birthday on Saturday. He said they would be having a Bar-B-Q with some of her friends, so I decided what a great way to come surprise her. I had talked to my mom earlier that week and planted the idea in her head that I was so behind on some of my photo shoots of an architectural series I am working on and that I wouldn't be able to even come visit her, but i would give her a birthday call! On Saturday Morning when David and I woke up (around noon) I gave my brother a call to remind him to give our Mother a Happy Birthday call. Then I proceeded to call her about 15 min later. As sly as I thought I was she caught on pretty quick that I had given my brother a little nudge to make that birthday call possible. I talked to her wishing her a wonderful happy birthday and got off the phone quickly, since my story to her was that I had to get all my pictures in that day.
Her party was starting at 6 so I left Austin around 4:45. Got to Austin right at 5:45 to see my dad in the driveway leaving to the store to get food for the party. My mom heard me talking to me dad outside, and right when I walked up to the front door, there she was opening it for me. There was a huge smile on her face and a surprised shout of "Elizabeth!" She was so excited to see me for her birthday. I explained to her how dad and I had planned this even to surprise her for her birthday. I even brought my Hula Hoop, and even though my mom got another year on her, she was still able to give that Hoop a run for it's money. We even got to go see my grandmother and show her my Hoop tricks, and even Ma gave a twirl on my new Hula Hoop. We had such a great time with yummy fried chicken and a chick flick called 'The Proposal.' I had to leave that night to get back home to my husband, but going back to San Antonio to see my Mom for her birthday ended up being a great idea! We had so much fun and that is a memory I have with my Mom that I will never forget!

No comments:

Post a Comment