Sunday, May 3, 2009

Another Wedding?


David and I were married on December 30, 2007. I can only remember that day with the moment the doors opened, and I saw David standing at the end of the walkway. The way he looked at me, with tears in his eyes, and the biggest smile on his face.
Recently, after telling the story of our wedding over and over again, I started to think that maybe the wedding we had wasnt my perfect wedding. Mainly since my aunt blackmailed me to get the family invited, and my cousins crashed my wedding after being asked not to join. It was something that really did just upset me ever time I thought about it. I even had the nerve to tell my husband I wanted to renew our vows, and we would sit together discussing the concept of disappearing on a weekday and going out of the states, to stand on a beach and get married the way we intended.
Just this past Friday, we went to a friends wedding, and walking in the building to the candles and flowers, dance floor, and all those people, I couldn't help but be grateful for the wedding I had. I even thanked my husband for never allowing me to convince him that we should have run away to elope or even renew our vows. After seeing my friend go through the stress that she went through, and the stress of other involved, I knew that my wedding was the right wedding for me. In the end of it all, I had my perfect wedding because for the one day I stood in front of the people I care about and said that this man is the one I'm going to spend the rest of my life with.

1 comment: