Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

1. What is your favorite zoo to visit?

I really have only been to the zoo in San Antonio and in Austin. For some reason every time I go out of town to visit a city the one thing I want to do is to check out the zoo and no one wants to go with me.


2. Do you visit a zoo very often?

So far I have been about once a year? When I was a nanny, the last day I had with the two boys I watched, I took them to San Antonio to see the zoo so the little one could see an elephant.


3. Do you have a membership to a zoo?

Nope. And even when David and I have a child, we probably won’t have one either, the Austin Zoo is kind of sad. Like really sad.


4. When you visit a zoo, do you stay all day or just an hour or two?

Well the San Antonio Zoo is probably a full day event where Austin after 2 hours you have seen everything.


5. Do you buy food at the zoo or pack a picnic lunch?

I had no idea that in San Antonio you could bring your own food and drinks. But in high school we once packed a lunch then went in the zoo. It’s was fun.


6. What is your favorite animal to see at the zoo?

The elephants. I get really excited when I get to see them


7. What is your least favorite animal to see at the zoo?

That’s kind of a mean question. Aren’t we suppose to love all animals? I guess if I had to be honest, my least favorite animal is all of those spoiled rotten children. You know the ones where the parents prefer to not use the word ‘no’ in their household and their child is allowed to run around like a crazy animal causing havoc while the dim-witted parents stares in an absent gaze thinking their child is a genius. If I were an animal, I would be waiting for the moment the gate broke so I could have one for lunch.


8. What is your favorite memory of going to the zoo as a kid?

I remember back in the day, you used to be able to ride the elephants. That was my favorite thing ever, I remember my mom holding me while we sat in this little saddle on top of this huge elephant and swaying side to side. It was amazing.


9. Do you visit the gift shop when you go to the zoo?

No. But I am a collector of hats. I have lots of hats and they are not normal hats, they are unique hats and I wear each hat for each occasion. I once brought my crocodile hat with me to the zoo once, and then my childhood dream came true. All these spoiled little kids crying to their parents that they too wanted a crocodile hat. Well guess what, spoiled rotten kid, you can’t have one. Because I bought it in San Antonio. So HAAAA!


10. On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being the best and 1 being the worst) how nice is your city’s zoo?

I would honestly give it a 2. Because I don’t want it to fail but it really isn’t great at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment