Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Ten On Tuesday.

These come from a blog I found called Roots and Rings. It's a super cute blog and you should check out her answers too!

1. What are your plans for the holidays? Do you travel at Thanksgiving? If you celebrate Christmas, do you travel then, too?
Not really sure what we will be doing for Thanksgiving. I know we will be in San Antonio- but in regard to the plans- it's up in the air. But Christmas is a different story. We are going to Vegas! We have been planning this for over a year and something that we really have been hoping to finally make happen for a while. David and I are very excited and expecting to spend our money on losing it to the gamble game.

2. How do you make the plans for the holiday? If you have a significant other, how do you decide which family to visit?
We just try to make sure we can fit everything in. There have been some sacrifices, and we don't celebrate with extended family anymore, but close family is our new family tradition.

3. Do you have your Thanksgiving meal at lunch or later in the day?
My mom has a Thanksgiving Lunch and then David's Aunt Alyson has a Thanksgiving Dinner. Needless to say we are full at the end of the day.

4. Do you have a favorite Thanksgiving tradition?
We go around the table and say what we are thankful for. It's going to be hard this year since my grandfather passed away a few months ago so this is going to be the hardest part of having our first Thanksgiving without him. But maybe it might help to add a new tradition to remind everyone that he is still with us.

5. After a big meal do you lounge around or get up and take a walk?
We used to take a walk, but now David and I pack up and head to the next house.

6. Do you shop on “Black Friday” or do you avoid it?
I used to go early in the morning. We would get everything. That is actually how I found out that Santa wasn't real since my mom had to get me a gift and decided to tell me so I wouldn't wonder later. But now I go after noon. The sales are still going and the crowd is barely anything.

7. When do you usually finish your Christmas shopping?
Depends on how other things are going in my life. I expect myself to be officially done in middle of December.

8. Do you and your significant other exchange gifts? Is there a budget?
No budget, I just usually get David things when I see something to get. What do you get a man that has everything? More Tools!

9. When do you decorate for the holidays?
We are not Christian in our household, but I will decorate for the winter season and for our New Years Party. I wanted a Hanukkah Bush, but David is skeptical about it.

10. Do you go “all out” with the decor or do you keep it simple?
Very Simple. I don't like things overdone, but with a hint of celebration.

No comments:

Post a Comment